Integrations is a new feature that enables you to automatically sync orders from your e-commerce shop to your Printed Mint account for fulfillment.
In this article we’ll walk you through the process of connecting a shop, choosing the right integration settings for you and fulfilling synced orders.
How it Works
After you’ve set up an integration, orders will automatically start syncing to your Printed Mint account as order drafts.
When an order is a draft you can edit the shipping address, select a shipping method, edit the gift message/order note, add Express Production and customize the products freely. You can also choose to remember the products and designs for future orders, ignore certain items in future orders and more.
Once an order draft has all of the required info you’ll be able to approve it for fulfillment and pay for it. Then, just like a regular order, it will appear in the Processing tab in My Account > Orders and production will begin.
To make this process as automated as possible we’ve also added options such as automatic payment and automatic shipping selection. This way, if an order is synced and you’ve previously chosen to remember the products and design files for all of the items in the order, it can automatically move into production immediately!
Connecting a Shop
In this section we’ll go over connecting a shop and choosing your integration settings.
Step 1 - Set Your Default Billing Address
The very first thing you need to do is set your default billing address. Go to My Account > Default Billing Address and enter the address affiliated with your preferred payment method. This address is required in order to set the billing address of synced orders, and will also be used as your default billing address when placing orders manually.
Step 2 - Connect a Shop
Now you’re ready to connect a shop. Go to My Account > Integrations and click Connect a Shop. Then, on the New Integration page, choose the e-commerce platform of the shop you wish to connect.
*The term 'Etsy' is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. This application uses the Etsy API but is not endorsed or certified by Etsy, Inc.
Depending on the platform this step may vary.
1. Click Connect
2. Install the Printed Mint Integrations app by entering your .myshopify.com URL and clicking Install.
3. Review the app’s permissions and then click Install unlisted app. Once the app has been successfully installed, you’ll be redirected back to PrintedMint.com
Step 3 - Choose Your Integration Settings
Now that you’ve given Printed Mint access to your shop, you’re almost ready to start syncing orders. In this section we’ll go over important settings you need to choose before enabling the integration.
SKU FilteringIf you are working with multiple print on demand partners select the SKU Filtering setting "I'd like to only import items with a SKU starting with "PM"." Then simply add a prefix PM to the products in your store you'd like to fulfill with us! We will sync all orders containing a product SKU that starts with the letters PM.
In order to pay for synced orders you’ll need to set up a valid payment method. You can do this simply by going to My Account > Payment Methods.
When new orders are synced to your Printed Mint account, you have two options for paying for them:
- Automatically bill a credit or debit card - If you select this option, approved order drafts will automatically be billed using your default payment method.
- Pay for orders manually as they come in - If you select this option, you’ll need to select orders and pay for them manually. You can select and pay for multiple orders at a time using this method.
You have three options for selecting shipping methods for synced orders:
- Always default to Flat Rate shipping
- Always default to cheapest shipping method
- Select shipping methods manually as orders come in - If you select this option, you’ll need to choose a shipping method for each order individually after it’s synced.
Order Draft Approval Options
After you’ve customized the items and selected a shipping method for an order draft, it’s ready for approval. A couple of things to note:
- After you’ve approved an order draft you will no longer be able to edit it.
- If you have automatic billing enabled, approved order drafts will move from the Order Drafts tab directly to the Processing tab.
You have two options for approving orders drafts:
- Automatically approve drafts when they are ready
- Approve drafts manually as you prepare them for fulfillment
Step 4 - Complete Integration
Once you’ve carefully selected and reviewed your integration settings, click Complete Integration, and voilà! Unfulfilled orders in your shop will start syncing to your Printed Mint account within 2 hours.
If you want to change any of your integration settings or delete the integration, simply go to My Account > Integrations and click the appropriate integration icon.
After you’ve set up an integration, orders will automatically start syncing to your Printed Mint account as order drafts. In this section we’ll go over preparing an order draft for fulfillment.
You can view and manage order drafts by going to My Account > Orders and clicking the Order Drafts tab.
Notice the order drafts are marked Incomplete. That’s because they are missing information such as the shipping method or products/designs. Once you’ve provided this missing information the order draft will be marked Ready and you’ll be able to approve it for fulfillment.
Editing Order Drafts
To edit an order draft, simply click Edit.
Here, you can edit the shipping address, select a shipping method, edit the gift message/order note, add Express Production and customize the products. In this case we just need to select and customize a product for the mug line item.
To edit an item, simply click Edit.
You’ll notice a couple of important options:
- Ignore Item - Enabling this option will not only ignore the item for this order, but will ignore it for all future orders as well. This is useful if the item isn’t fulfilled by Printed Mint.
- Split Design - Enabling this option will convert a single item into multiple items, allowing you to upload multiple design files. Simply set the quantity of the product and then click Split Design. This is useful if the item is a bundle of multiple products, or if it requires multiple design files.
To select and customize a product for this item, simply click Edit and then click Select and Customize.
Then, select a product and customize it just like you would a regular order. Once finished, you’ll be taken back to the order draft where you’ll notice the item now says Successfully edited.
You’ll also notice two important options:
- Remember Product - If you enable this option, the product you selected for the item will automatically be selected in the future.
- Remember Design - If you enable Remember Product, you can also choose to remember the design. If you enable this option, the design you selected for the item will automatically be selected in the future.
If the item is ready-made and always uses the same product and design, enable both Remember Product and Remember Design. That way you won’t have to select and customize a product every time the item is ordered.
If the item is personalized and always uses the same product but a different design file, only enable Remember Product. That way you will only have to select a design the next time the item is ordered.
If you wish to change the product or design you’ve selected, simply click Change Product or Change Design.
Approving Orders Drafts
Once you’ve finished editing an order draft it will be marked Ready and you’ll be able to approve it for fulfillment (if you haven’t enabled automatic approval).
To approve an order draft, simply click Approve.
If you’ve enabled Automatic Payment and set up a valid payment method, the order draft will move directly to the Processing tab. Otherwise, it will move to the Pending Payment tab.
Paying for Orders
Go to My Account > Orders and select the Pending Payment tab.
Here you’ll see a list of all of the approved order drafts pending payment. Simply click the checkbox beside the orders you wish to pay for or click Select All. Then, click Pay All Selected.
When your payment is done processing, the order drafts will move into the Processing tab and production will begin!
If you have any questions or need any help at all, please contact us at email@example.com.